Thursday, December 11, 2008

this is what i know

God created me, you, every one and every thing in this world.
We are all sinners,
we were born sinners,
and there's nothing we can do about it.
Except believe that Jesus Christ was sent
to this world
to die for us,
for our sins.
And through him,
we are saved.

I believe in the Great Commission,
that we as disciples of Christ
are to spread his word
and save the rest of the world.
I am the light and salt of the world.
My life, my actions,
express my faith.

Jesus taught us to love one another,
especially our enemies.
I believe that we are made in the image of God,
therefore accepting everyone as they are.

Where is this post leading to?
I'm not sure.

i don't know what to feel.
angry at myself?
ashamed?

I do things that people may not see as appropriate.
I don't want to make up excuses for what i do.
but what's done is done.
and i can't say i regret it.

My God is a merciful God,
an understanding God.

My relationship with Him may fluctuate at times,
but my faith in Him is strong,
And maybe my views differ from yours,
about how we represent God,
but in the broad view of things,
we all have to agree,
that this God i believe in,
is the same God you believe in.
My perspective differs from yours.
we all carry our flaws,
God sees beyond that.

Agree to disagree.

This world is changing.
I'm not saying that it means we should accept all things,
and all beliefs that people hold in society today,
but America is a nation of manyness and pluralism.
Thisis a nation of such diversity,
Protestants of all different demoninations.
I think that's the beauty of america.
you may think that we live in a degenerative world,
where as the world gets older,
the worse humanity gets.

But i believe in the natural goodness of people.
call me naive.

(is this post even getting anywhere?)

today i realized
that i hold different beliefs to a few of those i care about.
i'm not sure what to do about it.
There are so many things up in the air,
and honestly,
i can't handle it right now.
It hurts to have to disagree with those i love,
but i'm going to have to.

When i go home,
i might have to face some confrontations.
maybe not.
We'll see.

I have a final tomorrow at noon.
I don't really want to deal with this anymore.

God doesn't burden us with anything we can't handle.
Let's see what i get out of this.

No comments: