Saturday, May 16, 2009

dear soulmate,

i saw you at sun god
in the dance tent
while dj numark of jurassic 5 played
if you remember,
his set was pretty sweet.
you were wearing a flannel
a fedora, and purple wayfarers,
even though we were inside.
i was with my friends,
and we were dancing
close to where you and your friend were.
you saw the creepers come by and try to dance with us
then asked if we wanted protection.
so we had a really good time,
dancing to the 90's music we grew up to.
his set ended, but we kept dancing to the intermission music.
you let me wear your sunglasses for a little bit.
but as they say,
all good things must come to an end
and my friends needed to pee.
dear soulmate,
i kept my eye out for you after that,
wondering if i'd run in to you ever again.
but alas,
it was not meant to be.

it was nice dancing with you anyways, soulmate.

love, me.

No comments: